Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys here is my delimma. I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville with just over 81K miles on it but I'm not sure what type of routine maintenance needs to be completed at this mileage. Can anyone out there tell me what type of tuneup and maintenance I should do at this mileage. I plan on doing the routine oil change/replace the air filter, and I have to replace the power window regulators for both rear windows, but I know there is more I need to do to ensure it keeps proving me with quality transportation.

My power seats make a noise when I move them back and forth so I'm going to try and spray some W-D 40 under them where the actual track is to see if that works.

I would appreciate any detailed list of maintenance items that are recommended. By the way the car is running pretty good and has no major issues at this time. I replaced the high pressure power steering hose on it late last year and that is it.

Thanks

Big T
:confused:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,440 Posts
Your best bet is to read the owner's manual - there's a chapter dedicated to maintenance.................but there's nothing specific for 80,000 miles. If you don't have the manual, get onto eBay and find not only an owner's manual but also the GM/Helm Service Manual. The service manuals are $135 from www.helminc.com.

If you cannot absolutely, positively document a coolant change within the last 3 years, do it NOW. Spark plugs (and that's the only "tune up" part(s) required)aren't due until 100,000 - AC Delco #41-987 only. No wires.

You might want to take advantage of a GM dealer's "Spring Special" package and have the coolant, transmission fluid, power steering fluid and brake fluid (yes, brake fluid) exchanged this month.

Use a Purolator, WIX, or AC Delco oil filter. Look in the filter cross-reference books at the parts store. Your engine takes 7.5 quarts of 5W-30 oil of whatever type floats your boat. DO NOT use more than 7.5 quarts with filter - any higher than halfway up the dipstick hashmark is overfilled and may lead to higher oil consumption.

Have you done the air filter every 8 - 10 K ? Your car has a perfectly fine cold air intake as-is, so use a name brand pleated filter from your local parts store - "boutique" filters are not necessary and serve only to make someone richer at your expense.

The power seats run on tracks and are moved by motors and long screws. Lubricate them, too but be careful - under those seats lies a veritable snake's nest of wiring and connectors. Go easy............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts