Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Guys...it can be done!!! We bought a set of '03 Escalade 2nd row Captains seats and replaced the stock '02 2nd row bench seat. Removed 8 bolts, disconnected the heater wiring at the factory connections and the bench seat came right out. Other than being very heavy and bulky, there were NO problems.
The '03 Captain's seats bolted right down using the bench seat studs! Only problem we had was the stud that held the lug wrench in place under the left rear seat. We had to ziz wheel it off at the floor.
Seats fit perfect, look great and the heaters lugged up and heated as they should!

Only 1 questions we have...where does the lugwrench stow away in an Escalade with Captain's seats??? We had to cut attaching bolt out and don't know where it should be stored. Can someone help us with the answer?

Let us know if you have ANY questions...Ain't nothing to it!!!

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Don't think I've ever seen 2nd row captains pics before. Can you post pics or a link please? I'd love to have that in my 04'

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,337 Posts
Middle bucket (captains seats) is the way to go, had them in my 03', that way we could only carry 4 people (3 row seats are always removed)

·
Registered
02 Escalade
298 Posts
Did u notice a difference with the leather from the 02 to 03? Whether it's the grain or softness? I've heard the 02 leather is not a nice as the 03+. Can u confirm?
Thx!!

·
Registered
'06' Escalade
182 Posts
"Only 1 questions we have...where does the lugwrench stow away in an Escalade with Captain's seats??? We had to cut attaching bolt out and don't know where it should be stored. Can someone help us with the answer?"

In my '06 the tire tools are stowed in the left rear panel. (Probably where your sub is in your '02)

Where are your other tire tools stowed in the '02?

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,376 Posts
Did u notice a difference with the leather from the 02 to 03? Whether it's the grain or softness? I've heard the 02 leather is not a nice as the 03+. Can u confirm?
Thx!!
It's actually the other way around.

The '03+ models had significantly different leather from the '02, which was shinier and stiffer...so I wonder how/if it actually matches.

·
Registered
Cadillac
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get the truck out in the sunlight this weekend and see how "different" the leather and the seats "look". Frankly, no one noticed a difference last weekend when we finished.
We did not change out the front seats to match the 2nd row. Again, we'll check it out this weekend. Keep in mind that the truck has 95,000 miles on the front seats and neither the 2nd row bench nor the nd row Captains had ANY wear on them...they look new!
I did notice that the headrests from the '03 were more rounded and am considering swapping out the front headrest. Does anyone know if the '03 headrests will fit in the 'or seat backs?

Anyone got any input as to where the tire tool is stored in the '03 thru '06???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.