Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I wanted to know if i bought an 02-03 seville sts with 40000 mi or less can i beef up the motor to 400+ hp. I have a 1998 sts and its quick but it states 0-60 in only 6.9-7.2 secs. Id like to get in the 5 sec range to compete with the infiniti g and m. I have driven a bunch of different cars but nothing compares to the seville(well except the new STS) i drove a 300 c and it is a bit more powerful but control at higher and lower speeds is not as good as the sts. i drove the lexus e series and its just a smoother toyota but corners arent controlled as well as the cadillac. the infiniti is almost as good as the STS on the highway but it doesnt absorb the road as well. ive had my 98 STS up to 128 and felt like i was going slow but didnt want a ticket so i didnt try the max.My wife went to 118 and she was completely confident (she never went past 80 in any other car because she felt scared. im waiting for cadillac to get the v-series past 500 hp before i spend more than 50k on a car, so i figured id stick with a 18k car and beef it up if i can.If the motor is doable is the suspension capable of taking the added torque and twist, also will i be able to reprogram the pc to work with the new power and increase the governer?

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
No. Sorry if the answer is somewhat blunt, but there's really no other way to put it. Unless you want to start spending thousands on r&d to develop your own FI system.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
fuel injection

theres no way to get 400 hp in stock, theres NO pcm tune or hack for these cars therefore no supercharger no turbo, NOTHING

give up now and buy a honda

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
By FI or F/I I meant Forced Induction....which would require programming your own Fuel Injection Management software to run it through a piggy back unit. The only person to date who has somewhat successfully done this spent well over 15k on the project...which is still not fully complete. If money is no object, anything can be done. Otherwise...spend the money on a nice late model F-Body and go from there.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,059 Posts
:thehand: Wait 5 years and buy a used RWD V-8 STS with a slew of options. There's precious little in the way of performance mods you can do to a 280 C.I. DOHC computer controlled engine in a FWD 4-door sedan, and nothing you can do to get within 75-80 HP of 400....without a skrillion dollars and a lot of bodywork. If you want to compete with the Toyota crowd, buy a comparable vehicle. You can't play catch-up in today's performance market. (I could build you a '68 Olds 4-4-2/461 c.i./6-speed/Moser.........cash on the barrelhead...bat outta hell on the straight, but don't try to turn it...)

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys, im a little dissapointed though. So if i want to stay with the game id have to get the infiniti m. It claims 0-60 in 5.8-6.2 sec.

I never drove the 300srt, have any of you? is the steering feedback better than on the 300 hemi. The 300 hemi is very sensitive when steering. I like the steering on the cadillac better. Chrysler claims 4.7-5.3 sec 0-60 times with the srt.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
the closest thing youll get to modifying the pcm is THE dummy inline "chip" my ETC has which simply modified shift points and minorly adjusts the fuel/air curves. That with my exhaust and TB gave me 0-60 5.8 Secs

the THE is bolded because its is it there isnt any other ones, my chip is the only one ever built a prototype from JET performance

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
If you want a Cadillac with over 400hp and don't wanna break the bank doing it, I'm sure you could buy an older RWD D-Body (Brougham, deVille) and spend some money modifying the engine and transmission to make it a solid 13 second car. There are loads of people who have done it..the common engines used are the Chevy 350, Olds 403 and 455, and lastly the Cadillac 472 and 500. Now the hard part is making it stop and turn. Haha!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
"don't wanna break the bank doing it". You could probably buy a decent Brougham and build it up to respectible levels for $12,000. I don't think you can get a CTS-V for less than $25,000.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Right, but then he's spending all his money on fixing it back up.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
lol
hey
its a project lol
and hey he WILL have a 400 hp lac
he never said he HAD to be able to drive it...

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I wouldn't mind a Black '95 Fleetwood with a mild cam, some headwork, and a Vortec supercharger on it. Could be fun. I still want one of them bad. Plus, all the nifty handling bits that fit the Impala and Caprice will practically bolt right on.

·
Registered
02 STS
1,262 Posts
There seems to be something wrong with our "performance" sticky... While it is there and it works... Most Noob's seem to be ignoring it... Maybe we should change the name of that thread to

"All viable Northstar Performance upgrades are HERE; read this before you post"

Maybe if we make it bold :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,059 Posts
:alchi: I posted a really neat performance upgrade from a local newspaper sometime last year.....Seems one young man in our local HS wanted Mom's Acura to go a bit faster in the 2:30 class bell rush. He bought a NOS bottle, valve, some plastic tubing and piped it all into the air box. Plopped the bottle into his girlfriend's lap and said, "OK, Honey, when I say 'Hit it!'', twist the valve open." There's still oil stain all down Rt. 16 for 75 yards........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts