Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I replace my alternator with AC Delco and before I put everything back, I want to change out the water pump and hoses.

Is there anything special I need to know about the water pump replacement?

I plan on changing out all of the hoses also. Should I use AC Delco or would GOODYEAR brand hoses be appropriate? All the local auto parts stores have GOODYEAR brand.

Thanks for your advice,

2001STSCADDY

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts
Hi Guys,

I replace my alternator with AC Delco and before I put everything back, I want to change out the water pump and hoses.

I plan on changing out all of the hoses also. Should I use AC Delco or would GOODYEAR brand hoses be appropriate? All the local auto parts stores have GOODYEAR brand.

Thanks for your advice,

2001STSCADDY
==============================
it takes a special tool to remove it -

Should I use AC Delco or would GOODYEAR brand hoses be appropriate?
I actually prefer Gates hoses -

All the local auto parts stores have GOODYEAR brand.
you could save a substantial amount of money -
by buying everything on-line -

·
Registered
2001 STS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ranger,

My STS has 185,000 with original WP. I'm replacing WP/hoses since I have everything off and I don't want the WP to go out when I'm traveling and cost me $$$ as well as convenience.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
My STS has 185,000 with original WP. I'm replacing WP/hoses since I have everything off and I don't want the WP to go out when I'm traveling and cost me $$$ as well as convenience.
Boy I hear ya. I replaced the water-pump housing gasket because it was leaking. Also the belt and pulley. A year later the pump is leaking. It was right in front of me when I did the gasket. :banghead:
The part is cheap enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts