Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my 01' STS isn't cooling quite as well as I feel like it should. So I bought one of those cans of 134a with the gauge, but I only see two places to hook up to and they are both on the Small (HOT) high pressure line. I don't see any places to hook up to on the Big (COLD) low pressure line. Does anyone know where this is located on the 01' STS? I can't find it to save my life. Thanks everyone!!

RS 01' STS

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Hi everyone, my 01' STS isn't cooling quite as well as I feel like it should. So I bought one of those cans of 134a with the gauge, but I only see two places to hook up to and they are both on the Small (HOT) high pressure line. I don't see any places to hook up to on the Big (COLD) low pressure line. Does anyone know where this is located on the 01' STS? I can't find it to save my life. Thanks everyone!!

RS 01' STS
The size (diameter) of the can plumbing connector will prevent you from connecting the can to the wrong side of the A/C compressor.

On a '98 Seville, the Hi and Low pressure ports are less than 12 inches apart; but the fitting diameter prevents really big mistakes.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
Sounds like you have already found it. There are only 2 service ports and as Jim said, they are different sizes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have already found it. There are only 2 service ports and as Jim said, they are different sizes.
Hi Ranger, thanks for the reply. What is weird though is that they are both on the small High Side Line... There seems to be a little something btw. the two ports in the line. I just don't want to mess anything up. There are no ports at all for hookup on the big COLD line coming from the EVAP in the front pass. corner of the car all the way down the side of the engine compartment, then turning towards the middle of the car and then going through the firewall. Is is possible to have them both on the same line??? Thanks

RS 01' STS

·
Registered
873 Posts
From my experience, it is usually the one furthest towards the firewall. As mentioned, you can only connect to the correct one. It will have a small needle looking device in the center of it.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Yes they can both be in the same line, the fitting you see between them is the separation between high and lo side as Ranger mentioned. Lots of cars are like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts