Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 SLS and need to replace the front drivers side turn signal bulbs. I tried to remove the light assembly with no success. I removed the air box and removed two nuts that loosened the unit. Then I removed the front tire and foung two more nuts. After I removed them it helped, but there is still something holding the unit in. Please help.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,431 Posts
Put everything back together and start over with this procedure......

Remove the plastic radiator sight shield. At the inner end of the lens assembly are two bolts, one long, one short, which go straight down into the front bracket (NOT the T-15 alignment screws!!) . Remove them. Work an old rag or piece of towel between the light assembly and the bumper top in order to prevent scratches. Pivot the inner lens assembly forward a few inches, and then, with a few magic words, pull the outer back end out of a spring pop fitting. Disconnect the plugs and harness.

Change your bulbs, clean the pop ball and coat it with a tiny dab of anti-seize. Install the assembly. Coat the retainer bolt threads with a bit of anti-seize. Tighten gently: no need for any great amount of torque.

As long as you're in there, change all the bulbs. A good set of GE Nighthawk 9005's and 9006's will do wonders for your night driving. Resist the urge to go to 6,000K blue bulbs......they're actually not as bright as what you have right now. The Nighthawks are brilliant diamond white.

·
Registered
2001 SLS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy do I feel stupid. When I saw the long bolt, I thought that was the adjustment bolt. I just went out and changed the bulbs in about 5 minutes.

Thank you Submariner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts