Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE CODES ON MY DASH BOARD. IN PLAIN ENGLISH. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.:thepan:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a 2003 SLS today (red, I like it!) I can find the "info" button; and launched code city with the off button. But I'm having a little trouble figuring out the navigation... which button moves what?

Tips?

Paul, Berkeley CA

·
Registered
1991 Eldorado (Gone) ; 2001 Seville SLS (RIP) ; 2005 DeVille
228 Posts
Paul Millner [OAK] said:
Hi,

I just bought a 2003 SLS today (red, I like it!) I can find the "info" button; but I'm unclear as to just which on/off we're talking about? There doesn't seem to be an on/off on the heat/cool system, except for the temperature dials... and pushing that in with info doesn't seem to make anything happen.

Tips?

Paul, Berkeley CA

Should be right next to the INFO button. On the 98+ the ON/OFF has nothing to do with the HVAC system.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
For diagnostics you use the three buttons to the right of the IPC (INFO UP/DOWN, RESET & ON/OFF). After you enter the diagnostics with the INFO UP & OFF buttons, RESET = yes and ON/OFF = no, to the prompts.

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Ranger said:
..........After you enter the diagnostics with the INFO UP & OFF buttons, RESET = yes and ON/OFF = no, to the prompts.
"ON/OFF = no, to the prompts" ?
Does that mean the same as, "ON/OFF = go to the next" ?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
Well, I think it depends on what the prompt is. If it say PCM?, answering no will go to the next prompt. Answering yes will enter the PCM mode.

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Was wanting to know how NOT to reset the codes.
Think I was lookin at what you said a tib bach ass wards.

spoo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts