Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all those who gave me suggestions and advice regarding the overheating issues this vehicle had a few years ago. I have installed Northstarperformance STUDS and MLS Headgasket ect. Now the Seville is behaving nicely!! Looking forward to may more miles!!

The car has some minor issues like the radio lights for the various functions like source button, band, track buttons ect...do not light up but at least the radio works and does not over heat lol. I also need to figure out why the license plate lights are not working is the electrical section the best place to seek advise about these types of issues?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,703 Posts
Post your electrical problems right here.

Ranger is good at little button lights.

The trunklid tag lights may be burned out - they're #194 peanut bulbs. Or, the trunk lid wiring harness may be chafed at the left hinge bracket - where the harness exits and goes toward the fenderwell body metal.

Lots of stuff on those light assemblies - Google " cadillac forums 2000 - 2004 seville trunk lid wiring" or something close.

Here's what the bulbs will look like - change them all. 3 different types - couple of 1157s, too

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Mine went out a few years back. It turned out to be a pinched wire behind the trunk liner on the LH side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts