2001 Seville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Here is a list of items I purchased from Crutchfield:

Polk 6.5" db6501 component set (front)
Polk 6.5 651s shallow mount (rear)
Kenwood DPX501BT CD player

I installed tweeters in the dash (inside the original plastic tweeter compartments) I installed the coaxial speakers in the rear doors. I tried to install the component speakers in the front doors, but gave up after trying to use the bracket Crutchfield sent me. I had a stereo shop install the HU and component speakers in the front doors. Of course they ran into trouble, and I had to bring the car back a couple of days later, at which time, they unhooked the battery and touched positive to negative to reset the system. Now all is pretty good. Hate the chime that I have now. It's super loud. Here's my question: I can hear the rear speakers better than I can hear the front speakers. I know that it was two channel, and I can't fade to front. What could I do? Add an amp so I could adjust the level? I have a two channel crossover and an epicenter that I would like to add, along with amp and sub box, in the near future, if possible. The upgrade does sound a lot better, but I can hear the rear speakers more than the front. Any help would be greatly appreciated.?

·
Registered
2001 Seville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, so I noticed that there was some space at the bottom of the driver door panel. I took the door panel off, and saw that the installer top-mounted the speaker by screwing the Crutchfield bracket to the stock bracket. I did some dremel work to the stock bracket, and bottom-mounted the speaker to it. I was worried that it would interfere with the window. I just got it put back together, and the door panel fits like it should, and I think I can tell a difference in sound, since it is sealed in the door better. Maybe this will help someone with the same problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts