Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2001 ETC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, thank you all for all the great information. I have a 2001 Eldorado, my wife lost the keys, fob and all, no spare. Cadillac told me it was GA #9 VATS code. I ordered a GA 3.010 key online and Cadillac cut the key for me from the VIN #. Now I am getting the START DISABLED WAIT 3 MINUTES. It never happened before with the old key. I ordered a 3k resistor and installed it on the two white wires under the orange sheath...same thing, I am now officially baffled. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance for all the great info. Phil

·
Super Moderator
86,087 Posts
Long shot, but try pulling both battery cables and momentarilty touch them toether. That's a sort of reboot.

·
2001 ETC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I did the VATS bypass, same result. I did the reset, turn to on position, wait ten minutes, repeat three times. Car now turns over and starts momentarily. I'm still getting the starting disabled wait three minutes. Is it possible that someone made a change to the security system? According to Cadillac it a GA which is 3010 ohms resistance. I installed a 3k resistor. It should work. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
[email protected]