Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2001 ETC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, thank you all for all the great information. I have a 2001 Eldorado, my wife lost the keys, fob and all, no spare. Cadillac told me it was GA #9 VATS code. I ordered a GA 3.010 key online and Cadillac cut the key for me from the VIN #. Now I am getting the START DISABLED WAIT 3 MINUTES. It never happened before with the old key. I ordered a 3k resistor and installed it on the two white wires under the orange sheath...same thing, I am now officially baffled. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance for all the great info. Phil

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
Long shot, but try pulling both battery cables and momentarilty touch them toether. That's a sort of reboot.

·
2001 ETC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I did the VATS bypass, same result. I did the reset, turn to on position, wait ten minutes, repeat three times. Car now turns over and starts momentarily. I'm still getting the starting disabled wait three minutes. Is it possible that someone made a change to the security system? According to Cadillac it a GA which is 3010 ohms resistance. I installed a 3k resistor. It should work. Any ideas?

·
2001 ETC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have a way to figure this out. I ordered a 10k potentiometer so I can dial my way through the different codes and see if I can't get this figured out...will keep you posted.

·
2001 ETC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have left out an important detail on my security system issue. I did not mention that along with the keys the fob was also lost. When the keys were lost the doors were unlocked. Would this affect the security system somehow? According to my title my key has the GA #9 resistor that is 3.010 ohms. I ordered the GM VATS bypass kit online and soldered the resistor that mesured 3.010 (3.008) actually, and I am still getting the 'starting disabled remove key, wait three minutes. Does the fob have anything to do with the security system? When I removed the dash panel to access the two white wires it was obvious that at some point something was disturbed down there. A hole was torch cut in the sheet metal panel and a power wire and speaker wires had been messed with but were returned to stock when I purchased the car. Everything worked perfect untill the keys were lost...HELP!!!

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
763 Posts
Try pulling the harness from the VATS module and measure resistance there. If it comes in at 3.0## then the vats module might be bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts