Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some wiring through this firewall grommet - from the engine compartment through the firewall into the passenger compartment. This is on the right firewall, to the right of the A/C blower case. Appreciate any help on this one.

1. Does this have a connector ID - like C201? I have wiring schematics if I can properly ID it.

2. Any idea how it is sealed? Can I remove it to modify it and return it to the right place?

See my flickr page as I can not upload to this forum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157631149472182/

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
the pic is too small to see anything

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
956 Posts
Hmm

Haven't pulled that one yet. But based on experience with other gm's, it is likely a plug/socket assembly that will have a paper/foam seal. Remove the screws and pull. You'll see the other side and how the 2 wire harnesses are connected.

There might be an available opening on the plug. You'll need the right size metal inserts to use for the connection. Get some sheets of gasket material and cut a replacement for the plug/socket assembly.

Other choice, old school. Drill a hole in the fire wall, for a rubber grommet at the local Ace.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Your right. I made it smaller to upload here, but I am not allowed.

Here is the flickr link. I am new at that one too, so I hope this one works. Its a bigger size.

Bill Levy
I did not know this was posted on the web anywhere, but those car show pictures are from our Dallas area Cars and Coffee that I took in many years ago.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
132 Posts
I agree with Sefiro.
Don't mess with the production header connector. Drill an appropriate sized hole -PAINT all exposed metal after you drill - dont skip this part or you will be asking for trouble. Add the correct grommet and run your wire. Fill area around wire with silicone to seal out water.
And FYI It's called "Front of Dash" by the manufacturers now.
Firewall implies fire is a common occurrence. The same as its a parking brake, not an emergency brake.

Really.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts