Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DTS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife rolled the rear passenger window down in our 2001 dts, and then it wouldn't go back up. The window moves easily by hand, so I taped it up for the time being. She had to leave in the car, so I haven't really had a chance to look at it yet. I tried searching the forums for similar problems, but couldn't come up with any answers.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Common problem on your model... I've replaced 5 of them on my 2 Deville's Your window regulator needs to be either repaired or replaced. Check out the Cadillac tech tips section of the board for multiple repair procedures. Costs $550 to replace at the dealer or do it yourself for a lot less.

·
Registered
2004 deville
37 Posts
I just had my driver's side regulator done a couple of weeks ago. They used an aftermarket part and it saved almost $200 off the repair....total of $365

·
Registered
2015 XTS AWD - Black inside and out
286 Posts
Do it yourself
I fixed two in my 03 DTS and it took 2 hours and $70.00 each from Partstrain.com. I used the how-to PDF from this forum..
I think I am about to do my third one because I can hear creaking from the front passenger window after I put it up..

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Skippy is right this is one repair that you need to learn to do yourself. It is relatively easy and if you drive a 00-05 Deville your going to to get really good at doing it. First one I did in an hour... now I've got my time down to 30 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,573 Posts
There is also a procedure in the tech tips section for a modification to permanently solve the "pop n drop" problem.

·
Registered
2001 DTS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, for the help. I looked up the info in the tech tips section, and found the step by step tutorial for working on the front door. (I'm working on the rear passenger door) I removed the velcro piece and popped all the fasteners out, but the door seems to have two screws behind the armrest. I messed with it for a while but it didn't want to budge and I did not want to force it and end up with another problem. Do I need to remove those screws, or do they pop out somehow when you lift up. I was using a moderate amount of force to pull up on the door panel, but I didn't want to break it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,573 Posts
The arm rest is screwed to the door panel and comes off with it. If everything is loose, remove the panel by lifting it upwards. Just like the front door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts