Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
DTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regulator & Motor is brand new from GM and it worked fine for about 3 or four months. I think I have a broken wire somewhere from where it connects to that box to where it goes into the door. If I hit the switch on the door or the front door, I will hear the clicking but the window will not move. If I take the door panel off and play withthe wires it will move freely. I did this for a few minutes trying to trace the wire and now it does nothing. I am thinking I broke the few strands of wire that might of been still connected? I was thinking the switch as that is not new, but I don't think it would have worked at all let alone when I played with the wires. I took all the wires out of the rubber boot, pulled all the black tape off the wires and disconnected them from the connector in the door pillar. I even checked all the connectors to see if a pin might have been bent. I did not see any visible wires broken. I was thinking of tracing each wire with a continuity tester? Not sure if this is the best route to take.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,585 Posts
One probe on each contact and push the switch button. Listen for the audible continuity tone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts