Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville DHS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure somewhere here this has already been discussed, but i cant figure out where to start looking. I have the bose system with the 6 disc changer in the glove compartment. I would like to keep the bose system, but would like to add an aux bluetooth device to be able to stream from my android device. Is this possible? Is there any way to get rid of changer and tie aux device into its harness?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,268 Posts
Re: 2001 deville dhs stereo upgrade options

Im sure somewhere here this has already been discussed, but i cant figure out where to start looking. I have the bose system with the 6 disc changer in the glove compartment. I would like to keep the bose system, but would like to add an aux bluetooth device to be able to stream from my android device. Is this possible? Is there any way to get rid of changer and tie aux device into its harness?
===========================
check out the AUDIO forum here -
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/

·
Registered
1967 Eldorado
443 Posts
Last time I was in best buy they had kit to replace the changer and add an aux with functioning controls but that might have been for Apple devices only.

·
Registered
2001 DHS
221 Posts
Not on the 2001's. I believe it was 2003 and later models which you could do that. For your car it'll either have to be the crappy FM transmitters or replace your stereo with an aftermarket one (but still keep the Bose AMP and Speakers)

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
You CAN get an aux kit that replaces the CD changer and utilizes the steering wheel controls for an '01. It's not Bluetooth though.

If you want Bluetooth audio streaming, you'll need to spend more, and do a little more work.

Bluestar from Costartech is a Bluetooth hands free calling system that replaces onstar. They've recently added audio streaming.

The first hurdle is that it's designed for '02 and newer vehicles only. To get around that, you need an onstar harness from an '02+ vehicle (I'm positive Deville and Seville harnesses will work possibly other models). Cheap and simple.

That will give you Bluetooth calling. If you want audio streaming, you'll need to add a cheap, universal, wired aux input (3.5mm headphone jack style) to the HU, and run the wire to the Bluestar module.

A cheaper route would be a universal Bluetooth aux input, but you wouldn't have steering wheel controls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts