Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DHS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 DHS that does not have navigation. Has anyone retro fitted one from the factory or aftermarket company?

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium, Saturn Vue XR
493 Posts
Pioneer and Alpine have a Nav. unit (Din style) for Gm cars, supposedly it fits right in where your existing radio was. These have Nav. XM and Ipod hookup, I would get an installer to do it for you so its done right. Been thinking about changing my Bose unit but I have XM built in and my Nav. is external Garmin...like the portable ones because I can use it in my wife's suv as well.

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6 Black
29 Posts
I also have a 2001 DHS and would be intrested in adding a OEM navi unit.

I heard theres a thread floating around somewhere, bu havnet been able to find it. if anyone can point me in the right direction?

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
it is possible though not a direct plug and play to add a 02+ Deville/Seville nav unit to a non nav 98+ Seville and 00+ Deville

the Eldo and Pre Sev/Dev of those years there is some conflicting problems which make it not nearly as easy

·
Registered
none
1 Posts
Still not resolved? i'm wondering this myself. I'm looking to get a 02 DHS and hoping to do this. Is there two different stock nav systems? a smaller screen and a bigger screen?

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6 Black
29 Posts
yep -
2000 and 2001 models are a smaller square screen, and also it is a 3 piece system, so theres 2 modules to put in the car as well as the screen. these models also use CD's.

2002 models use DVD's and its an all in one piece unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts