Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Deville DHS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought others might benefit from my latest project which was to replace the Bose Theftlock unit with a 7" Android Quad Core unit and 1 TB drive.

After doing alot of research, I purchased the Newsmy CarPad2 3001 directly from Newsmy. For those that are techy and like to play, there is a substantial following for this unit on the XDA/Android Forum.

I purchased a 3001 with quad core processor, dual bluetooth adapters, 802.11, 8GB storage and 2GB RAM storage. This unit also includes a nice am/fm tuner, 4 channel amp, line in/out and support for additional cameras. Check it out.

I used Metra adapters and mounting systems to install my unit.

I am very happy.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wiki-http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Newsmy_CarPad_NU3001
Forum- http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/4-4-2-kitkat-head-unit-newsmy-carpad-t2865525

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Deville DHS
11 Posts
Wow ive gotta say, that is a beautiful install. Were you able to stay with the bose amp and speakers? How did you do the surround to.get it to match so well?

·
Registered
Deville DHS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow ive gotta say, that is a beautiful install. Were you able to stay with the bose amp and speakers? How did you do the surround to.get it to match so well?
I kept everything except the headunit. I used Metra's interface kit which retained the Bose pieces. It sounds great and looks good. I use the Torque application running into a wireless OBDII adapter so I can read everything live and check/clear diag codes.

·
Registered
2001 Deville DHS
11 Posts
If it wouldnt be too much to ask, could you publish the part numbers of all the kits you used. What did you do for the bezel around the HU

·
Registered
Deville DHS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville, 1999 Deville
1 Posts
I know this is super old, but I have practically the exact same project coming up... Android 7, bose interface, all same part numbers... I don't suppose you are still out there and remember what you ran into that I might want to be aware of?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,275 Posts
Click a username, open the profile. "About Me" gives you the member's site activity.

·
Registered
Deville DHS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the late reply...sold my DHS so I dont spend much time here anymore...it was super easy...though I suspect you got this done already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts