Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody thank you for reading my posting and your input.i have a 2001 deville that kinda takes an extra couple of seconds to go into forward gear.reverse goes normally,other than that extra pause to go into drive its ok.are there any solenoids that i can change.i changed trans fluid it really didnt help it any.or is there a additive that i can use that will help...thanks for your info guys thank you....

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Does it pause every time you stop or only when you shift into drive? If there is a delay when you shift into drive, that is normal. It takes a few seconds for fluid to build pressure in the right spots. Unless you are planning on being a stunt driver then you should not be concerned about it.

If it pauses every time you stop, that is not normal. Unless it really annoys you just let it be until the trans goes completely, then have it rebuilt.

·
Registered
deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it only happens going into drive it runs and shifts fine...reverse it takes it normal.just drive it really takes longer than what it should...i was thinking about a tranny flush but i have heard of some issues with that.i was thinking about useing some lucas trans fluid.or changeing trans fluid again with dex 4 trans fluid.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
As long as it still works, just let it be. When I put my Brougham into gear first thing in the morning it takes a good 5 seconds for it to engage. After the trans has warmed up it only takes about a second, but I am not concerned because it still works just fine.

·
Registered
deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man if mines would have what i think is called a little bit of morning sickness and then clear up when warm i wouldnt worry not broke dont fix motto...but this one has all the time hot cold warm.and its really starting to get to me go out etc back out of a spot and gots to wait for it to go into drive at times even people start to honk there horn,and tell me im number one...lol i think im gonna change fluid again and put syntetic trans fluid....lets see what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts