Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to take care of an 01 DeVille that has the error message "service stability control" Also the abs and traction control lights are on but when I scan the for codes It comes back "no codes present". The owner said that he "took it to a guy" and was told that the left rear sensor was bad and he installed a $40 used hub! It did nothing. Now they said that they are getting no signal from then left reat sensor. As far as I know the cuase of this is generally a bad whell sensor or a bad steering wheel sensor. How can I check to see which is really bad and is there a way to test the hub sensor to see if the hub itself needs to be replaced or if it is some bad wiring going to it on the car?

Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
There IS a code set if these lights and message are on. Probably a C1234. Did you recently have rear brakes put on it? Check the connector and terminals at the LR (if that's where the problem is). The terminals often get yanked half out of the connector body during rear brake jobs by carelessness.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Oh yeah, to check codes, INFO up & ON/OFF until displays light up. Then INFO down. It will read ABS?, hit ON/OFF, then ABS CODES?, hit ON/OFF. It will now display ABS codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts