Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS, R.I.P. 2001 Cadillac DeVille
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with the rear driver window. It does not go down at all. When it would, I would have to open the door and like another post said "wiggle" the harness from the side pillar to the door and it would sometimes work. Today, well an hour ago, i removed the tint from my car and when it was time for that window....nada. It did not go down and it just clicked. I inspected the wires and they all seem to be in and snug but there has to be a wire not making contact somewhere. I have not tried to see if it has power or not. I have also seen that it may be the window regulator.....but it would go down just had to wiggle the wire harness a bit til it worked. I seriously doubt its the regulator, but maybe the harness could be bad? If anyone has had this issue and has found to be a wire loose, which one was it so I can trace it down. Thanks guys for all your help.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
411 Posts
If it makes just one click when you push the button then it could be the broken wiring or a bad motor. If you mean it clicks repetitively, as in as long as you hold the button down it keeps making a clicking noise, then you do have a bad regulator. If you have to wiggle the harness where it goes from the side pillar to the door then it's not loose in there; it's broken copper inside the insulation at the flex point. You have to pull the rubber boot away and repair the wire once you figure out which one(s) has broken. Wiggling the harness there doesn't effect a loose connector inside the door itself. It just makes the broken ends touch again.

What area of Houston?

Vernon

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Airline area. What I will do after work is remove the boot and do another complete inspection because back then I had a wire hooked around the clip to that little Motorola box and it worked for a while. Ima take a look at that wire because that seems to be the issue

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.jpg

looks like the issue is all the same! broken wire! total was about 3.5 inches of bad wire. window is now working! YEAH BOY! time to get my tint!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts