Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2001 Deville and just noticed one of the reading lights in the back seat area isn't working. You know the ones, just over the door. It looks like the button is pushed in and has simply failed, and now there's just no light.

So I am thinking I can just buy a new one and pop it in, but does anyone here know how those come out? Do they just pull out? It seems so, but I was pulling on it last night and it's not coming easy and I don't want to break anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

Wes

·
Registered
2007 DTS
25 Posts
I had to do mine (2000 DTS), because the little push-button switch disintegrated. How, I'll never know. Light was seldom, if ever used. Mine failed in the "ON" position though. I got the cover off, but damaged the housing in the process. I believe you have to remove the grabhandle first (little Torx screw, if I remember correctly), and then get in under the headliner to get to everything.. I purchased the switch from the parts department, and let the dealer install it for $40.00. Do not lose the button, as that part is no longer available.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
  1. With a flat bladed tool, carefully pull on the outboard edge of the courtesy lamp bezel in order to release the two courtesy lamp bezel clips from the courtesy lamp bezel.
  2. Rotate the rear courtesy lamp switch counter clockwise in order to release the rear courtesy lamp switch from the bezel.
  3. Remove the courtesy lamp bezel.

·
Registered
CTS
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas guys!

1. With a flat bladed tool, carefully pull on the outboard edge of the courtesy lamp bezel in order to release the two courtesy lamp bezel clips from the courtesy lamp bezel.
OK, just so I understand how far I'm pulling at this point, is the light basically out at this point? Or 1/4" out?

Wes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts