Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DeVille
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light is on and the OBD reads u1000, B0429, P0410. I have already replaced the air pump. But what can I do to fix the other codes.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,147 Posts
Start by posting the code definitions along with the codes. It will help us help you. No one has them memorized.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DeVille
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
B0429 temperature control #3 rear circuit range performance
U1000 class 2 communication malfunction..wht does this mean or how can I fix the problem...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,446 Posts
P0410 is the secondary AIR pump - that system which sends fresh air to the exhaust manifolds at cold start in order to quickly light off the cat. The assembly is in the left front fenderwell, inside the plastic liner and it feeds the two AIR valves - one on top of the rear cam cover, the other down by the water pump cover (lower driver's side).

U codes are voltage and data transmission hiccups. Is this code Current or History ?? If it's H, don't worry about it.

B0429 is the diverter door or actuator for air to the rear console panel. If the rear console controls work, the fan runs at its 3 speeds and there's airflow, don't sweat it. Otherwise, remove the glove box and passenger side under-dash and kick (left) panels and troubleshoot the actuator.

www.alldatadiy.com if you don't have a real GM/Helm Service Manual (Haynes and Chilton are useless - far too generic).

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,147 Posts
Ignore the U codes unless you are having some sort of problems.

B0429 is common and just means that the rear temperature actuator is not in the commanded position. I've been told it does not take much so unless you are having a problem controlling the rear seat temperature, ignore that too.

·
Registered
2020 XT4, 70 Cougar conv, 2002 DTS
908 Posts
Neither of these codes is causing a Service Engine Soon light. That was caused by P0410 & should have gone out when you replaced the AIR system pump. You can check your DTCs and see if P0410 is gone or at least now listed as "H" for history.

You can search for code B0429 on here - it is fairly common & is only of any importance if your climate control isn't working right, otherwise can be ignored.

U codes come & go on these cars and are usually of no significance. Wait and see if it goes away on its own.

Edit: sorry Sub & Ranger - you both must type faster than me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts