Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CADILLAC DEVILLE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was driving about 40 when the car shut off. Dtc was "a" cranck shaft sensor. The car started right back up. I drove it home, cleared the code and let it idle for about 20 minutes to see it the same code would pop up. No code, but the engine started idling really rough. Then i got the engine running rich codes. Changed both upper and lower crankshaft sensors. Started up fine. I drove it around town shifted great. Then when i come to a stop it is idling really rough like it wants to stall, engine shakes and I can feel it in the car. Maf sensor has been changes recently but if i unplug it, the car seems to level out. I did not do the engine read procedure after crankshaft installation. Any suggestions, Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,031 Posts
You MAY need to have a dealer do the "CKP relearn procedure". It takes a GM Tech-II electronic tool. Probably a half-hour labor charge.

Remove the engine beauty cover. Start the car and squirt a shot of choke cleaner or starter fluid at the connector plenum between the throttlebody and intake manifold - the screw head on the clamp is the target. That will rule out a plenum leak, the source of some rough idles.

Running rich - your MAF should be a separate unit with a 5-pin plug, in the air intake line near the air filter box. Loosen all the clamps and remove the MAF - careful. carefully spray clean the interior and wire bridges with throttlebody cleaner - not choke cleaner - different chemicals. Replace the air filter while you're at it. Put it all back together, making sure the MAF tabs are aligned with the rubber connector ring tabs. Tighten all clamps.

Good luck. IF you still get MAF codes, a new DELPHI unit can be found in www.rockauto.com, your car, air/fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts