Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Devilles: 04 Base,01 base,01 DHS,92 (parents)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have c0625 current code ( C0625 Left Rear Position Sensor Malfunction) on my 2001 deville base model no elc just alc. It was c0660 (C0660 Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Malfunction). So I swapped out compressor assembly etc with working one. Then the c0625 popped up. So then replaced left rear sensor. (Twice). The c0660 comes back with replacement#1 that was from junkyard. When swapping sensor and c0660 goes away only when I unplug rim and plug rim back in. I've attempted to read through that 29 page thread (million dollar question thread) and the info on alldata. I don't have the magic tech tool to plug in and turn on and off each piece of the alc individually. My gut is telling me the rim is going bad. And replacement#1 is really bad. I have a lot of trouble reading electrical diagrams and converting to an actual car And my head now hurts. How does one test the rim module that's behind passenger rear seat?

So to be clear I have swapped fuses with another 30 amp known working fuse I have swapped the relay with a known working relay. I have used a multi meter to test some things but I just can't remember at this exact moment whether I had 5 V on the pins a and C on the chassis side of the sensor connector I'll go look in a little while after I eat something

·
Registered
Devilles: 04 Base,01 base,01 DHS,92 (parents)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I hadn't worked on it in awhile. Mainly drove my 2004. But I did finally fix this. I ended up having a bad sensor that the multi meter was able to show me how it was bad and the solenoid on the air compressor assembly. Once I got all those parts fixed, first got c0660 to go away, which was replaced by the c0625. The C0625 error wouldn't go away. I had unplugged and plugged in three or four mans mall leveling sensors, so I had inadvertently damaged the 5v reference circuit wire right before the connector that plugs into the leveling sensor connector. I finally found the bad wire and repaired it. Then all started working as advertised.

So the moral of the story is don't break something else trying to fix one thing. Because that is exactly what I did. However the good news is I know exactly how the entire air leveling system works now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts