Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DTS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2001 Deville DTS with 46K, original owner.

Symptom: Ventilation air flow is directed to the windshield (defroster) and feet. No panel vent air flow and no ability to change air flow. A Clicking sound can be heard from the drivers side/center of the dash as though something is trying to position itself and after 30 seconds or so it stops and air begins to flow from the defroster vents and foot well vents. Earlier this week I did hear a good snap from behind the dash just after startup.

Codes pulled: IPM BO249; Heater/Defroster/AC Door Range Error

Does anyone have first hand experience making this repair? I realize most of not all of the dash will need to be removed to gain access for this repair. Just hoping someone may have a bit of onformation to share to make it just a bit easier. Is this best accessed through the center console? Instrument Cluster?

Thanks in advance,

-Brian

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,984 Posts
The air distribution door may be accessible from underneath. I am not positive though. A FSM would be your best source of information.

·
Registered
2001 DTS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ranger. I am pretty good with acronyms but you got me with FSM... Field Service Manual? If so, where can you obtain them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts