Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone! This is my first post under this username, but I have been a member in the past under Paderolis. Anyway, I recently bought my 2001 Deville and I noticed the speaker wasn’t working at the RR door. I then found out the window switch and door lock switch do not work either. They do work with the master switch however.
From what I read on a google search, the same fuse supplies power to both rear doors, but the LR door switches work fine. I thought it might be the module in the door, so I grabbed one at the salvage yard; it didn’t make a difference. So either I got another bad module or the module isn’t the problem. Any suggestions where to look next? Thank you!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,059 Posts
I agree with Ranger -
it is NOT uncommon for some of the wires to break within the rubber boot between the door post and door -

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!! I pulled back the protective rubber at the wires but could not find any obvious broken wires. They all seem tightly connected.

·
2004 Deville
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
645 Posts
The harness that goes into the rear door is connected with a molex plug on the door piller it is not uncommon for some wires to break right at the plug. On my car i had wires break inside the door itself, you may want to take off the door panel again and unwrap the harness and check all the wires there as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: I finally pulled the door panel off to check for broken wires, it’s definitely been off before because some of the retainer clips are missing. No broken wire, but the harness that plugs directly into the door panel was not snug, and came off pretty easily. I secured it, and the speaker, window switch, and door lock switch are working at the door now! Thanks for the advice and tips!!😃

1 - 6 of 6 Posts