Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i recently came across a dark blue 2001 catera and was wonderin what i could do to make it a little more peppy. Looks don't matter as much to me as what it can do. I'm a paintballer so my money is a little tight, but i know people. Shocks and struts are gettin a little weak but no major hurry there, but if anyone knows what to buy or where to buy from then LMK. And i'm finding it nearly impossible to get a body kit =( . I see a lot of pics but none for sale. Any help? Thanks again.
~Blue J :stirpot:

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Catera
48 Posts
What i do is find the part(s) on a site such as rockauto.com and have it matched at a local part store. IMHO find the cheapest part online and match it at a local shop, for the installs I'd rather do it myself as not too many people know how to work on the Catera and figuring its my car i might as get to know my Cat better.

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
You really can not improve as far as making it more peppy unless you are ready to dig into the actual engine itself.

Most, if not all the body kits you are seeing are from over seas. I have not heard of any of these companies shipping over seas, could be wrong though.

Stock they are not bad. Fun car to drive.

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
Changing the rods and increasing the coolant flow would make a turbo or supercharger a some what safer option over what it would be stock. Would be cheaper then going for the full out custom intake or at least I would think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts