Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the Caddy family, does anyone know if a Camaro V6 will fit engine and transmission and ecu Cadillac Catera sport

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,153 Posts
sounds interesting, but I don't know the answer. Keep in mind the Catera is a re-badged German Opel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I seen 2 LS engine in it online, but I thought it might be easier to get it past smog referee

And it sits on the same chassis as the GTO

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,251 Posts
Thread moved to the Catera forum from the '16+ CTS-V Appearance Mods forum.

Hello to all the Caddy family, does anyone know if a Camaro V6 will fit engine and transmission and ecu Cadillac Catera sport
What Camaro V6? The 3.8L from back in the early '80s? The 2.8L from a 3rd gen? The 3.4L or 3.8L from a 4th gen? The LLT or LFX 3.6L from a 5th gen? The LGX 3.6L from a 6th gen?

The answer to your question is YES, regardless of which variant you want to use, it's just a matter of how much time and money and fabrication it will take.

And it sits on the same chassis as the GTO
Your Catera is on the Opel chassis developed in Germany, while the GTO was based on an enlarged version of the platform developed in Australia. So they were both built on variants of the V platform, but I'd be surprised if there's much commonality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts