Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Catera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car ran OK, check engine light came on, will not pass emmissions, then the TC and S light came on - now it is limp mode. Service station says there are 8 codes and it will cost 1400 to start - not guaranteeing that it will cure the problems. Any ideas or experience? So far I heard the Mass Air Flow sensor is bad, next guy said the TPS is bad, another one said O2 sensors are bad.

·
Registered
2001 Catera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car has now been in 3 shops. I merely took it in for not passing emmissions & a check engine light on. The first one said it was a lean condition code, a vacuum leak and a malfunctioning Mass Air Flow Sensor. They didnt give me the codes, but said they fixed a vacuum leak. The codes came back - but the car drove. A few miles later all the sudden the "S" light, the "TC" light came on with the CEL and the car went into limp mode. Next shop said it needs a MAF sensor and a TPS sensor, quoted min 1400. Did not give me codes. The next shop said it needs a TPS actuator. 1500 to fix.
I took the car to a friend who has the interface and free download scan program in his laptop. Here are the initial codes: P1510 - TCS Throttle control system in limitation / P1516 - Throttle Actuator Command modul, throttle actuator position performance / P1526 - TPS learn not done after reprogramming / P1890 - ECM data input circuit / P1519 - TAC Module. We reset it and the 1890 ECM code went away - all the other ones came back. I am not sure where to go from here. I would appreciate any help. Thank You.

·
Registered
2001 Catera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the throttle acuator command / part of the thottle body / $ 350.00 and I still have the same issues. Have not scanned the codes yet - but it looks like everything stayed the same. Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance
131 Posts
Knobi, did you find out what was going out with your car? my 2000 sport is doing the same thing! plase let me know what happen? sorry i cant do pm's yet so this is my only way thanks!!!

·
Registered
catera
449 Posts
My 00 catera sport is getting misfire codes. I changed plugs.

It also hits limp mode from time to time. but only when I start it, it does not happen when driving, but at stop lights sometimes the car shakes.

At the shop today he found that the TPS is saying it is not working and staying at 80% he recomended replacing it. I prolly will.. The problem is intermitten though.. Im not sure.. but he said that was the only thing he really noticed, and he had it on the scanner for a hour, viewing ebverything. there is o2 sensor, but he said that should not cause the limp mode.

Anyone can email me direct if the have info.. [email protected] just put catera info in subject.. perhaps we can help one another.

I rarely log in here as it makes me use the aol account that I otherwise would never use.

·
Registered
catera
449 Posts
hey guys My catera is in limp mode.. I have not diog. yet. did anyone discover the problem?? my engine liget was on for about 2 weeks.. wondering if the fact that it was on too long set the limp mode.

·
Registered
catera
449 Posts
Guys, i got my car back from the shop after limp mode problem.

this time the wiring that plugs into the throttle body was correded and so was the area of the tps. I bought a used Throttle body with pigtail and they spliced it. I had the new TB reprogramed and the car is out of limp mode and working fine. while I was at it I replaced an o2 sensor.

the car does still have a misfire, but I have not taken the time and Im drained of money to address that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts