Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light has been on for a couple of weeks. My car drives fine, no problems. I needed to have a state inspections so I took it in - They had my car 18 hours and when I finally got it back, they said I needed 2 coil packs and some spark plugs. After about $550.00 of repairs, the check engine light is still on. My theory is that I've been putting regular unleaded gasoline in my car and I probably did not need the repairs they fixed. My car has only 37,000 miles. Can anyone tell me if putting regular unleaded gasoline in the car (for a year) could just now be causing the check engine light to come on?

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
well take it to autozone and have them read the codes off of it. then post them here my guess without knowing more would be a real shot in the dark but we will try to help you after you get the codes off of it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
well 171 means the system is too lean the 172 means it is too rich both on bank 1 I am not really for sure what the deal is with that. are you sure those are the only codes on there. If so does anybody else have a clue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the mechanic gave me those two codes. He also asked me if my car had recently run out of gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts