Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Cadillac Deville DTS No Climate Control Fan? It's Frigin Hot & No A/C..Help :-(

We just picked up our 2nd Cadillac(1st was a 2005 CTS-V) a 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS....It's a very nice family cruiser, and we love it.....BUT a couple of days ago the Blower Motor Fan just stopped working. I press the fan speed up and down hoping it will magically work but nothing...

I had a similar problem with my BMW M5, where the Blower was stuck on one speed. It turned out to be the "Blower motor resistor". Does Cadillac have a similar resistor?

Thanks and this forum is great!
///Michael[/SIZE]

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
Re: 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS No Climate Control Fan? It's Frigin Hot & No A/C..Help

It is integral to the blower motor.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Re: 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS No Climate Control Fan? It's Frigin Hot & No A/C..Help

....Does Cadillac have a similar resistor?
No. Not for your year/model.

GM uses slightly more modern PWM technology to control various system functions.

Look at this link (scroll down a little to get to your year/model) and report the Diagnostic Trouble Codes display ("B" codes are what we need);
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/55172-how-pull-codes-got-codes-warning.html

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I replaced the climate control, but the problem wasn't solved :) Next I'm going to try the Blower Motor Control Module....

I have a feeling that this might be a common problem, I'll keep everyone posted...

///Michael

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Just got the Blower Motor Control Processor, but I can't figure out where it goes?

Does anyone know?

Thanks!
///Michael

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,016 Posts

I believe it's the black box on the side of the blower motor housing.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes, it's a little black box with a heat sink on it...But where is the Blower motor?

///Michael

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,016 Posts

Remove the under dash closeout panel (if there still is one) under the glove box, pull the passenger left foot carpeted kick panel, and roll back the floor carpet. The blower motor is in the HVAC stack in front of the console and radio head unit area.

You may want to subscribe your car for 3 years to www.alldatadiy.com. The entire GM Manual is there plus a whole lot of other good info. Chilton's and Haynes are far too generic for this job.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Got it, but after I pluged it it etc it still didn't work :-(

I already tryed replacing the A/C Module also, guessing it's the blower motor?

///Michael

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts

Check for 12 volts between the purple and black wires on the blower motor connector with the blower motor fan commanded to turn on. If it's there and the fan ain't running you got a bad blower fan... common problem.

·
Registered
1999 Deville
88 Posts

my ac quit once, and it was a fuse that blew that ran the fan under the hood.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Just wanted to follow up...

I finaly replaced the Blower Motor and were back in buisness :)

Long road and a mother to put in, but it's working now..

Thanks!
///Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts