Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had to replace 2 window regulators (drivers front, and drivers rear) and now I just had the passenger front fail. Is this a normal problem and does anyone know a good place to find a regulator for less than factory price that will be built a little stockier than factory quality? I am not interested in paying over $300.00 for another regulator if its going to go out again.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Both Ford and GM have tons of problems with window regulators. I don't know anything about Chryslers except that the one advantage of owning a Chrysler is that you never have to change the oil in their engines. You simply add a few quarts every week.

Back to windows. Sometimes you can pound on side of door, and window will start working again.

Or you can buy regulators at AC Delco supply houses at a disc. I have heard that the aftermarket Ford regulators are more reliable than the Ford models. I need to replace a Ford window reg soon.

Does GM still have its lifetime warranty program where certain GM dealers fix it once (for a prem price), and it is guaranteed for life?

·
Registered
1996 STS
105 Posts
Are you talking about the window regulator or the motor itself. In my Mustang, one of the support beams broke in half, in my 96 STS, the motor itself went south. Bought 3 of the boneyard, turns out that 2 of them are faulty, 1 worked good. I found that, in one of them the plastic sprocket had missing teeth and thus would grind, on the other one the electromagnets inside were loose and would make contact only sparingly rendering your windows good to part time use. Now I know why Ebay has tons of these, must know that its a hot selling item. Installation is a breeze, just be careful prying off the plastic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts