Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2000 STS in Poland
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up a packet from Rockauto - 8 spark plugs Ac Delco 41-987. Today I founded them - no improvement, on autolite 104 which I founded 2 months ago worked the same. Before the replacement, he set error P 0300. The error condemns the general loss of ignition - no cylinder indication ... Candle replacement procedure retained, all electrical connections clean ...
Take a look at these few photos - maybe you will notice something disturbing.
I have to keep trying - maybe one of the high voltage coil cassettes? How to diagnose them? With single - no problem, and in this case? Maybe you have any idea for an effective diagnosis of this problem?

Thanks beautiful. Jack

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
86,068 Posts
If you have a parts store that will run codes for you, they can usually come up with which cylinder is misfiring. The code will be 301, 302, 303, etc.

The only other way would be to remove the ignition cassette and lay it aside. The connect conventional spark plug wires from the cassette to each plug and use an inductive timing light to look for a misfire on each wire.

Don't overlook the possibility of a vacuum leak or even a dirty TB.

·
2000 STS in Poland
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also thought about checking each of the cassettes - only if scaled at atmospheric pressure is easier to make than in the cylinder at an angle? This may distort the test result, but the real one - with high inefficiency it may be so far out of reach ... The question is such a test safe? I will take out two cassettes, maybe turn off the fuel pump, plug in the candles. It will only be necessary to route the main "-" from the external electrode to the jekiegoś with elements of the engine or body ...

The issue of leakage - I controlled it with home access by spraying the agent - I did not notice anything.

Do you use such solutions of coil cartridges as in Nortstar after 2000, can you use the coil voltage measurement in both windings with an oscilloscope, or even the resistance measurement of an ordinary meter? Do you want to do this Since the breaks are in one housing? There are 7 pins in the power plug of each cartridge - do you need to use a meter to measure? Maybe some of you have already analyzed this topic, or struggled with similar problems - I will be grateful for advice.

Thanks. Jack

·
2000 STS in Poland
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am after control - I made such makeshift operations and after turning off the engine - everywhere there are strong, clear sparks ... I don't know - you may need to find a leak somewhere on the intake manifold, use it with a throttle ...

Gentlemen - what is the point in the middle of the head with the remains of the green bar - some mass, "-" pole?
I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures - but I prefer to have a good car than a phone :)

Thanks for anything.

Attachments

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,241 Posts
The coil cassette ground spring contacts the bottom of that hole. The contact surfaces must be clean and metal shiny - a faulty ground will cause spark miss.

There should be nothing but clean metal in the bottom of those ground spring holes.

coil-boot-plug 2.JPG coil-boot-plug 1.JPG DSCN0188.jpg

·
2000 STS in Poland
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The green stripe looks factory-made, so I didn't do anything with it ... Should I clean these surfaces to bare metal and remove its embrace?

I know that maybe you guys get tired of my writing in English, my problems, but I am alone with this here ... Hardly anyone wants to help me ... I can - I fix, work alone ... Everyone who could help - they only served only BMW, Mercedes, Audi and all European blandness ... I am asking for every tip. Thank you again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Douglass Harroun