Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 STS with 65K and besides having to have both steering wheel controls replaced (the lights burned out on both on the same day) everything is fine except this...
The engine shuts off when it wants to, not when I turn the key off. This has happened 3 times in as many months. Once it shut off when I was backing into a parking space. The second while in park while I ran into my house for a minute and the last time while I was coming to a stop at a red light.
No warning lights on the dash, no info on the drivers info center, nothing. The headlights stayed on, the radio stayed on, and besides the car not moving when I pushed the gas pedal, I wouldn't have noticed the engine shut off.
Any ideas what is going on?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, forgive my ignorance, but my heater controls dont have a "warmer" button. I have "auto", "Front defrost", "rear defrost" buttons along the left, 2 on/off/temp knobs (driver and pass), fan up and down button, ac off button, and vent button.
Which of these do I press simultaneously to pull up the codes????
I was sitting in my car for over an hour pushing all combinations of two different buttons and the most that happened was the heat turned on and off.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.