Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2000 STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 cadillac seville i bought for 600 bucks, it has 136k miles it ran decent when i first got it,
it showed misfire codes and overheating codes, i replaced spark plugs and coil packs and the check engine light is now off, BUT now if i try and gas it a decent amount the car will jerk and stuff like a person hopping on one foot. If im at a stop
light and I try to gas it hard it will jerk like that and barely make it through unless i ease up on the gas. If i keep gassing it hard the car will actually shut off and i pull over and the car starts right back up and runs fine as long as i dont gas it too much. I really wanna fix this problem if anybody has anything, i was gonna replace the fuel injectors but idk. im in the process of cutting of the cat as i thought that was the problem and i sawed a hole through it.

and the exhaust smells like gas, car will run and smell like gas. please help what do i do.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,985 Posts
I have a 2000 cadillac seville i bought for 600 bucks, it has 136k miles it ran decent when i first got it,
it showed misfire codes and overheating codes, i replaced spark plugs and coil packs and the check engine light is now off, BUT now if i try and gas it a decent amount the car will jerk and stuff like a person hopping on one foot. If im at a stop
light and I try to gas it hard it will jerk like that and barely make it through unless i ease up on the gas. If i keep gassing it hard the car will actually shut off and i pull over and the car starts right back up and runs fine as long as i dont gas it too much. I really wanna fix this problem if anybody has anything, i was gonna replace the fuel injectors but idk. im in the process of cutting of the cat as i thought that was the problem and i sawed a hole through it.

and the exhaust smells like gas, car will run and smell like gas. please help what do i do.
====================
STEP #1 - ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - using the on-board scanner -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

here is a how-to video -

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fuel Air Mixture Problem= may be your fuel pump pressure. Check your fuel pump.
Let us know how things come along...

·
2000 STS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
====================
STEP #1 - ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - using the on-board scanner -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

here is a how-to video -
codes are:
p0102
p0300
p0340
p0443
p1258

i got the check engine light top turn off after installed new coil packs but it comes on sometimes but now most of the time it remains off.

Fuel Air Mixture Problem= may be your fuel pump pressure. Check your fuel pump.
Let us know how things come along...
Yeah ill check the pump and lyk

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,336 Posts
If you'll look up the definitions of the trouble codes that you posted they will give you a place to start diagnosis.

The P 0102 would be the best place to start.

If you are not familiar with all the acronyms used for your car and its systems, use the "Acronyms" sticky thread, marked with a push pin, at the top of this Seville forum threads page.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,985 Posts
codes are:
p0102
p0300
p0340
p0443
p1258

i got the check engine light top turn off after installed new coil packs but it comes on sometimes but now most of the time it remains off.

Yeah ill check the pump and lyk
============================
codes are meaningless without their DEFINITIONS -
and no one has them all memorized -

go here for the best list of Cadillac code definitions -

also include whether the codes are C-Current or H-History -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts