Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 STS, what is the thermostat temp? and what should the heater be putting out? Its at the caddy dealer right now, getting a coolant flush. They are teling me at idle the heater should do 120F, i thinks thats BS... if it has a 195 stat, the heater should do at least 175F or so on the freeway and maybe 150-160F min at idle. HELP ME. I need to kick their rear ends.. took em 4 trips to fix my A/C this summer and this is the second trip for my heater!

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
How do you measure temp at the heater? Are you asking at what engine coolant temp that you should start feeling heat from the vents if you are calling for it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well actually i have the car back now, they basically had to clean the entire heater system (blow out the core of all the dust and crap, and make sure the heater core was fully flushed) and do a full coolant flush, but yea, at 1500+ RPM i get about 173F at the vents:lildevil: at idle i get about 150F, I love heat.. lol I want the crazy heat.... but the situation is fixed.. cost me 180 bucks.:rant2:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Oh, so you are actually reading the temp at the vents. I haven't ever checked the temp of my hot air coming out the vents. Now I have checked the temp of the cold a/c air coming through the vents. On max, the ait was 40 degrees. Never thought about how hot the heater puts out.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm, well my air is about 42F, if i pusle the throttle at idle i can sometimes get down to 36F:)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Almost sounds like we're tweaking for performance.

Let me think like some of the ricers, "How much Hp will this net me?"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol no HP, just more comfort when the weather is being less than nice... i live in MN, so its hot and humid in the summer and cold as a mountain top in the winter.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I always hear of St.Paul when I listen to "What Do You Know?" on WNPR public radio on the weekend. Haven't listened to that in a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts