Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
No caddy atm due to HG. 1997 Lexus ES300
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find where the flasher goes. I got a new one, and have looked in all the fuse boxes and under the dash on the driver side, no idea.

Any idea where it goes?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
I believe it is attached to the 4 way button in the center on the dash.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4-way button? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this.
Any pictures anywhere. I looked all under the dash on the driver side and didn't see anything.

·
Super Moderator
86,982 Posts
No, no. Look on the dash, dead center. The emergency (4-way) flasher button with the triangle on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still havn't got around to fixing this. Do I just need to remove the top of the dash above the 4-way to replace it?

·
Registered
873 Posts
According to the FSM, you need to remove the instrument panel upper pad.

You need to remove the right/left windshield pillars. Remove the air outlet deflectors. Close the outlets. Remove the 2 fasteners from inside the air outlet deflector openings to upper pad. Lift pad upward to disengage retainers from the IP cluster trim plate. Remove it.

Hope that helps. If you need further info I can scan this stuff for ya.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A scan would be great. I'm not used to this kinda stuff. It took 2 seconds to replace the flasher on my old Jeep. lol.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
I can't find where the flasher goes. I got a new one....
If you bought an aftermarket 2 or 3 pin flasher unit, it is not going to be a replacement for the hazard/turn signal part in your car. The OEM part connects to the car wiring through a 10 pin connector.

If your 4-way hazards OR any of your turn signals operate properly, I would question the need to replace the flasher unit.

More diagnostic troubleshooting is indicated here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you bought an aftermarket 2 or 3 pin flasher unit, it is not going to be a replacement for the hazard/turn signal part in your car. The OEM part connects to the car wiring through a 10 pin connector.

If your 4-way hazards OR any of your turn signals operate properly, I would question the need to replace the flasher unit.

More diagnostic troubleshooting is indicated here.
I got a 3pin one from autozone. They said it would work, not sure. Hmm.

All of the lights turn on, but do not flash. They will occasionally decide to flash, slower than normal though.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
....All of the lights turn on, but do not flash. They will occasionally decide to flash, slower than normal though.
If it was my car, I would spend some time investigating corroded/burned/damaged lamp sockets and bulbs starting with the rear lamps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it was my car, I would spend some time investigating corroded/burned/damaged lamp sockets and bulbs starting with the rear lamps.
But they all worked and then all of a sudden they all stopped flashing.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
OK. I get it; the symptoms are obvious.

Now all you have to do is find out "why" that happened.

And a failed flasher unit is the least likely "why".

·
Super Moderator
86,982 Posts
I have a spare flasher. It was for my daughters '04 Grand Am, but might be the same part. GM part no. is 1035-9039. Let me know if it is the same part. I think http://www.acdelco.com has a part interchangeability search.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
According to the FSM, you need to remove the instrument panel upper pad.

You need to remove the right/left windshield pillars. Remove the air outlet deflectors. Close the outlets. Remove the 2 fasteners from inside the air outlet deflector openings to upper pad. Lift pad upward to disengage retainers from the IP cluster trim plate. Remove it.

Hope that helps. If you need further info I can scan this stuff for ya.
Any luck with the scans?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts