Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up I am workin on a 2000 SLS wit a v8 North Star engine. The problem is no heat. I have drained and refilled the system with the proper coolant and proper amount. I checked the hose and valve that run to the coolant reservoir and there is no clogs. I bleed the system and car does not overheat but the cooling fans are always on. I also saw on dash it has a coolant level low sign. Could this cause the system to leave the fans running? Also would that effect the heat? Can air be just stuck in the heater core? Also even if I give the car has the heat does not get any better. And if I go to 60 degrees I can hear the blend doors moving so I don't think it's that. Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,453 Posts
Lots of possibilities. For background, please read the several cooling system, fan, and gauge stickies in the Emgines; Northstar main page threads. Then go way up ^^^ to the top black bar and study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive.

Then get into Cadillac Tech Tips and find several threads on purge line cleaning and flow testing.

Fans will ALWAYS run in SLOW when any HVAC setting is used that calls for A/C compressor operation. Fans only cycle on and off in response to coolant temp when no HVAC A/C function is set. If your HVAC is set to AUTO then fans are ON - always. Fans may be a stuck relay. The diagram and legend under the cover of the underhood fuse box.

The extensive study guide is groundwork for later advice - so we're all speaking the same language.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Welcome :Wave:

I also saw on dash it has a coolant level low sign. Could this cause the system to leave the fans running?
No

Also would that effect the heat?
No

Can air be just stuck in the heater core?
Yes, that's possible, OR you may have a clogged heater core. GM was still using the sealant tabs in 2000. Might try flushing the core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts