Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone actually have a proper service manual that gives detailed information and diagram ? I have an issue with my 2000 SLS where the right signals will not work, The dash green arrow doesn't light up and the outside signals do not either. The normal clicking sound is also much fainter but is present. The signal being left on does not give the chiming notice it should if the blinker is left on to long. I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info on it's location as well as if there is a single hazard unit that contains the flasher or if there is a separate turn signal flasher. AC Delco lists both part # Sockets are clean, Bulbs are good, Fuses are tested so it has to be a flasher. Thanks

----------

Sorry missed the part #'s

ACDelco F3953 Hazard Lamp Turn Signal Lamp Flasher

and

ACDelco Hazard Warning Switch Part Number: 25635327

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
2 Posts
I have a 2000 Seville SLS That the right turn signals do not work on. when engaged the green arrow on the dash does not light up and the normal clicking sound is extremely faint and neither front nor rear lights light up. Same happens if I hit the hazard button. I'm getting conflicting info from threads on this forum about it being all 1 part (Hazard Button Assembly) and others saying there is a Turn Signal Flasher. I also get conflicting info as to it's location and how to get to that location. ACdelco list's both the Hazard button Switch as well as a 3 prong Turn Signal Flasher so I'm not sure as to what to believe anymore. Does anyone here either have 1st hand knowledge of this or have access to an app that tells the parts and locations and how to get to those to replace them ? Please help and Thanks in advance.

PS all bulbs and fuses were both checked and replaced for good merit.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
There is a flasher for the turn signals and another for the hazards. That said, I don't think your problem is the flasher. You might start by checking the bulbs and grounds.

P.S.
:welcome:

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had already checked the Fuse and the Bulbs and replaced them just to be certain they weren't the culprit. In my case it turns out it was something inside the hazard switch. I had to pull the 4 vents by sliding old credit cards in both the top and bottom end under the outside edges of the vents then use needle nose pliers to pull them out. From there there is 4 screws (1 at the top of each vent not visible unless looking upward from the ground). That allows the top dash cover (Dash pad) to slide up. You also need to remove the covers over the windshield pillars to allow enough room to slide it out of the way. Once that's done you can easily see the hazard switch. there are clips on both the top and bottom that hold the switch in place. Also the wiring harness release clip will be toward the right side of that switch. don't be confused by the colored clip on the side of the harness that holds the wires in the harness. anyways from there simply unplug the harness and release the tabs and remove the switch then replace and re-attach and re-install everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts