Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
No caddy atm due to HG. 1997 Lexus ES300
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started the engine up and the car began shaking, really rough idle.
I put the hood up and the engine is going beserk in there. It finally sputters out and goes off.

Start again, same thing.

Probably screwed arnt I?

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Have you thought about posting this question on the N* technical forum? I am new to this site but there seems to be a lot of smart guys on that forum.

·
Registered
No caddy atm due to HG. 1997 Lexus ES300
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lmao, it was out of gas. My mom drove it the past 3 days to her work and It was on full on the fuel gauge. I thought she had filled it up, wrong. The fuel sending unit or something must be out. I put some gas in it and its doing fine. Gauge still at full though.

Any ideas on what needs to be done to fix the gauge?

Also, the blinkers work and turn on, but they don't blink.
And I can't seem to find which fuse it is.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
pull codes, press the passenger warmer 'up' button and the main HVAC system 'off' button for about 5 seconds SIMULTANEOUSLY. You could have a number of minor things or a select few major, start with the codes, post them here and go over to the N* technical forum and look up the codes meanings (the link to the code definitions is in a sticky link at the top), we'll help you out best we can...

Buy a factory service manual if you plan on doing repairs yourself, they're cheap and pay for themselves in the first repair usually.

If they turn on but don't blink it's almost def not a fuse, I'm thinking relay, your relay is under the driver's side dash toward the door side, least in my 98 Eldo it is...

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
for the turn signal I recently replace my flasher it is part of the hazzard switch on that model. If your not blinking it could be the flasher.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
My '98 STS fuel gauge stays on full until it has about 1/3 tank left then drops like a rock....watch the miles between fill-ups

1 - 8 of 8 Posts