Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2000 Seville that has power window issues...Both passenger side windows do not work at Front Driver multi switch or at individual switches...Front Driver multi switch will not operate rear drivers side window (can however be operated as rear drivers side switch)...After doing some digging I have determined that the power window motors and regulators are in good order (was able to attach 12v to the motor on both passenger side windows and was able to "roll" up and down the windows that would not work at the switches)...I also tested power to the individual passenger side door modules and I had around 12v coming into the modules...

I guess my question would be- Has anyone had similar issues and what was the guilty culprit, the modules or the switches?

I hate just 'throw' parts at something...I am fairly capable of finding the issue is I only had some more specs, preferably wiring diagrmas...Does anyone know where I may find wiring diagrams so I can check these various components and see what is to blame?

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac STS
133 Posts
The modules would more then likely set a failure code, like a comm error if bad or power compromised. A Single switch is relatively cheap from the dealer and it can be used to test 3 of windows. Check for codes first, report back with them, and maybe buy a single switch if time is an issue. I've replaced one single swt that probably got wet, no modules so far in mine.

·
Registered
2000 SLS
292 Posts
To my understanding there should be no resistance.

Per FSM resistance on below tests should be 0-5 ohms -- replace switch if outside range.

1. Disconnect the power window switch at the malfunctioning door.

2. Using a digital multimeter (DMM), measure the resistance between window switch terminal 2 and terminal 4 while pressing the switch in the down direction.

3. Using a DMM, measure the resistance between window switch terminal 1 and terminal 4 while pressing the switch in the up direction.

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
I am working on a 2000' Deville that both drivers side windows have stopped working. The power regulator in the front door had broken and I replaced it with an aftermarket regulator about a month ago. The windows worked fine for a couple weeks. Now the front and rear drivers side windows have stopped operating. The switch seems to activate the DDM from the clicking I can hear when I press the switch. I can also hear the rear door click when I try the rear door switch. I am thinking the DDM is bad. I am sure that will be cheap... But of course I am married to this one since I happened to work on the door just before it stopped working. If anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated. Thank's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts