Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Black Escalade
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get a shimmy when applying the brakes so i'd like to replace the rotors with new and pads with new. The local Checker Auto parts sells rotors and their best ones are only like 40 bucks a piece. Probably junk. Is there a brand that you guys have used or heard about that is a bit better than stock. I'm not looking to increase the rotor size, as that seems like more screwing around than i want to do. Thanks for some ideas. I have checked stylintrucks.com, they didn't have any brakes.

·
Registered
2000 Black Escalade
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turning them equals having less material. Less material makes the more susceptible to heat and warp damage again. I'd rather buy new.

·
Registered
2000 Escalade
242 Posts
I really wouldn't worry about removing too much material...the most they remove is somewhere in the vicinity of .002". But, if you insist on new rotors, stay away from the $40 POS....talk about heat warpage. I have a 2000 and ended up replacing the rotors because the PO had them cut several times. I went with a pair of Brembo drilled rotors...run you anywhere between $225 and $275 a pair, depending where they're purchased. Do a google search, you'll find them.

P.S. The greatest reasons for rotor warpage is incorrect installation (impact wrenches NO...TORQUE WRENCHES...YES) and a heavy foot on the brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts