Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado ETC, 2010 DTS Platinum
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...hoping someone can help.
When I am sitting in the drivers seat, I notice that my steering wheel can be pushed down and to the left for approximately 1", but the steering column doesn't move and is fine.
I really notice the steering wheel movement when I am exiting the vehicle and pressure is put on the wheel.
The steering wheel does return to the normal position after moving, and the tilt wheel function works as intended.
I'm guessing it was from the previous owner who must have used the wheel as an assist when exiting.
Is there any way to adjust / tighten up the steering wheel ?
Thank you very much
Sal

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
The steering column tilt joint bolts are loose. Requires disassembly of the column down to the u joint pivot. I just had my car fixed at a local wrecking yard! Because your profile is not complete, I can't recommend where you should take it. PLEASE... list area of the world you reside, year and type of car in your profile.

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado ETC, 2010 DTS Platinum
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your response.
I just updated my profile, and live in central New Jersey.
Sal

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Thank you! Most self service wrecking yards at least here on the left coast, have Taco trucks, guys that cut keys and steering column repair guys in the parking lots. My repair cost me 110.00 and a 2 hour wait time. This repair is NOT for the novice! Requires special tools, patience and experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts