Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pictures of my 2000 on 22 inch rims. I also have a picture of my indash monitor, I had the dash custom cut (I know some of you are shaking your heads) because once I removed the factory unit the CD player became useless. I put in a cd/dvd/mp3 player, so something with a function would replace the dead space. The heavier tire/rim combo makes my truck drag a little.. So my next thing would be to improve the performance. Too bad I don't have a budget like mead.. lol

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I think about it.. If you remember me from last year, and I read a few posts and still see a lot of familair names.. I started this project (if that's what you wanna call it) about the same time mead started his... lol Maybe I should start looking for a higher paying means of employment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOVE your " Lade " I have 2000 also and Always wanted to Put 22 on it. Unfortunetly I am a Married Home Owner in CA so that ................:eek:

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
Bosshound said:
PS: You should invest in CHROME GRILL !!! $100 on E-bay makes all the differance in the world !!
I agree, along with some 24's. I'll sell you mine cheap with the trade of your 22s. I'm throwing some 26's or 27's on once sponsorship clears.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bosshound said:
LOVE your " Lade " I have 2000 also and Always wanted to Put 22 on it. Unfortunetly I am a Married Home Owner in CA so that ................:eek:
lol.. I've been saving since last year trying to get mine together. I'll get around to a grill sooner or later, but since I've put the rims on I'm looking to upgrade the performance of my truck. Seems to drag a little with the extra weight. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Synergetic said:
I agree, along with some 24's. I'll sell you mine cheap with the trade of your 22s. I'm throwing some 26's or 27's on once sponsorship clears.
I was looking into getting the 24z, but they didn't fit the budget.. $500.00 per tire, kinda put that to sleep. I was trying to find some 24z in the range that I liked, but there's about a 200-400 dollar jump per rim from 22 to 24. Since I still had a nice gap in the wheel well, I went with the 45/22 over the recommended 40/22. I have a cousin that has a programmer, when I catch up with him I'm going to reset the odometer. I'm thinking the intake will be my very next purchase, and a extra nitto nt404 tire. (just incase) I have an alpine 9833, 2 kicker dx700 (single channel mono amp), a 2 farad cap, and 2 12" aluma pros... I'm not going to use the same sub set up, and even thinking of getting rid of the alpine, only because the indash has a nice appearance. I'm looking into getting 2 JL Audio 13w6v2 subs, and have each of them running from 1 dx700 amp. I'm still undecided if I'll put the alpine in there (cause it will reproduce a better sound quality). My audio upgrades will probably take place sometime into the summer, so I'll have plenty of time to come up with a set-up (and listen for ideas about it). with the 22/45 series tire, I have no rub.. Even with the wheel turned all the way, either left or right (for the potential, will a 22 inch tire rub wth 45 series tire). I stopped asking that question after boombotz told me he had no problem with his 22/45 rubbing on his Escalade. I see some of you are from Northern California, I'm right here in the Bay Area. How much do you think I could get for my Alpine 9833 right now?.. It's still in pretty good condition, I used it for about 6 months.. Then removed it when I traded the Acura in for the Escalade. Just curious if it's worth selling or not, it's still the best headunit I've ever owned.

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
caddy04 said:
Synergetic, How much are you asking for you rims.
I don't know yet. Once sponsorship clears and the new rims arrive, i'll wrap them with rubber and pull off the 24s. I'm a little worried about squeezing 27's into my wheel wells and losing the tuck with my bags. I'll sell them cheaper with a trade, but probably like $1,500-$2,000ish for the rims. My girlfriend curbed two of the rims, but nothing near noticeable. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts