Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum so please forgive me if this issue has already been discussed. I have a 2000 Escalade with about 140k Miles. Always been a great running vehicle since I bought it about 6 months ago. Recently I started noticing a misfire under load while climbing a hill with speeds between 60 and 70mph. After the misfiring and vibrations which are very noticeable the ses light illuminates and when checked with a scanner reads the p0307 code for misfire on cylinder 7. After it happened originally I replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, I could definitely tell an improvement in performance after the tune up but the misfire was still there. Next thing I tried was running some seafoam in my gas to clean up any bad fuel that may have contaminated the system. Still no luck misfire still there. Last night I replaced the crankshaft sensor, thought that did the trick and then today(on the same hill as always) the misfire happens again. I am so tired of trying to figure out what's going on. I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@the Cadillac man. Are the injectors on the 5.7 easy to replace? Can this misfire cause engine damage? If it was fuel delivery wouldn't it not be isolated to a single cylinder?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Should be
Not sure how it's set up on your year truck

I can check my service manual and see which cylinder it is that you need to replace the injector on if you want

----------

A misfire will not cause engine damage

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@the Cadillac man... that would be great thanks. I know its cylinder 7 as I keep getting a p0307 code. cant find any info on replacement though. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
seankbrown said:
@the Cadillac man... that would be great thanks. I know its cylinder 7 as I keep getting a p0307 code. cant find any info on replacement though. Thanks in advance
the 5.7 has that spider type injection if there is a bad injector i think the whole deal has to be changed

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@wesyder.. From the research I have done I believe you are correct. Doesn't look like the type of job I want to tackle myself either. Guess its off to the shop I go to get a proper diagnosis. I was hoping it was something else other than a stuck injector. Guess my crappy luck prevails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts