Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Eldorado esc
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names joe and I just recently bought a 2000 eldorado with 150k on it. And it runs smooths and looks good. But when I'm sitting in idle it seems to overheat just a little. Barley a tic mark. Then when I get going it goes back to normal. Now it only seems to do this when I fill it up with gas. I don't know much about cars so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. Thank you

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Seville STS
306 Posts
Re: 2000 cadillac eldorado esc overheating?

If by "barely a tic mark" you mean one width of the temperature needle, then that is normal and not overheating.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts

:welcome:

Define "barely a tic mark" You mean the 230 point? That's getting a little high.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts

Welcome fellow Bragg area member...

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Eldorado esc
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah it gets about half way between normal and 230. And like I said it seems to only happen when the gas tank is full. And what's up rodnok01

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
It's a test of the airspace over the coolant in the reservoir - for the presence of exhaust gases.

Read the gauge picture again. Read the sticky, in the Northstar Performance threads, explaining the operation of the Northstar cooling system and temperature gauge. Study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive up ^^^ in the top black bar.

Your engine is just fine.

Test set rented and fluid bought at a large parts store, or ............

www.sjdiscounttools.com/lis75500.html

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
The cooling fans don't come on high until 225 if I remember correctly, probably what'e happening.
COuld check for blocked purge line also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts