Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Eldorado with water leak about mid interior firewall, need help please

Hi all, some time ago I bought this car with water damage. since that time I've tore the carpet seats and headliner out. checked all 4 drain tubes on sunroof and found 2 to be clogged, all 4 now fine and cleaned.

I thought I was ready to install the new carpet BUT after a water test I see a trickle of water on the floor pan, I looked up and I can see it is coming from behind insulated firewall matting, I felt behind and its wet. so I dried it up and again I sprayed in front cow panel, by the way cow panel cover is off, I thought i would remove it and see tons of leaves or whatever causing blockage but nothing BUT when i spray into that cow area it runs thru firewall somewhere???any ideas of what this might be from?

thanks for help and or ideas....

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would that be located? Also I was just water testing when I saw leak from up under dash, I was spraying around cow panel. Can you let me know where to look for that drain please... thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
Car up on a hoist. A/C sump drain is a rubber elbow sticking out of the firewall at about the turn to the body pan, just passenger side of center, about under where a front seat passenger's left heel would lie.

Rod it out with a fuzzy pipe cleaner - craft stores.

Excess water into the cowl grille might well run down the intake ducting and wind up in the A/C drain sump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts