Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Bought my 2000 eldorado a year ago. I know the radiator had been replaced just before. It’s also been in an accident and repaired because it’s for a bent subframe. So it’s not close to perfect. But it was cheap and better than what I had. Plus- tushy toasters.
Anyway, I’ve got a coolant leak near the overflow tank. It’s coming out of a hose right at the clamp only after car gets warm and pressurized. So at this point, every 3rd time I drive my car I have to fill the coolant.
Do I need to be looking at replacing the hose, the clamp, both, or some other issue? I have zero desire to spend a ton of money on this car, but small maintenance is to be expected. Any help would be appreciated. And I’m learning about cars as I go, so please be kind and as descriptive as possible.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,325 Posts
Most likely the leak is from a very small crack in the surge tank where the nipple is molded into it and leaks only under pressure. Been there. Replace the tank. They are not very expensive. A repair will not last long. Been there as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts