Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2K ELDO WHITE DIAM , 2K TURBO BUG ,69 VETTE ZZ4 2014 CTS
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my lower control arms on the Eldo . I found a spot on top where it had actually rusted through . Not giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling ! Just wanted to know if there are any suprises involved with this project . I noticed that I would have to lift up the trans a bit to acess the bolt head on the drivers side . I was looking at a ball joint remover to simplify the process , but wondering if the old pickelfork might be a better option . Any tips on this would be appreciated didnt really see much in the forum on this subject . Tx Eldoguy !

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado ETC
30 Posts
When I replaced my LCAs on my 2000 ETC, I bought them WITH the ball joints attached already. The Ball joint rivetss would need to be drilled out, pretty much requiring the removal of the LCAs anyway. My initial goal was to replace the ball joints, but I found it would be easier to replace the LCAs too, which gave me new bushings as well.
Hope that helps!
Geoff

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
957 Posts
Did the "drill out the rivets" on my truck. Swore I would never do that again.

Ditto Geoff. Hey a new LCA with new ball joint and bushings.

·
Registered
2K ELDO WHITE DIAM , 2K TURBO BUG ,69 VETTE ZZ4 2014 CTS
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, saw the tool for ball joint removal from GM on Ebay for 15. 00 cheap! Just concerned a bit about jacking up tranny a bit to remove the bolt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts