Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado ESC
28 Posts
After I got over the embarrassment of how stupid and reckless I actually was with this issue I had with 2000 eldorado NO BLOWER HVAC....I pulled myself together and said I owe it to the next idioit out there like me who OVERLOOKS the fact that when checking the MAXI-FUSE (4) 50a location in the engine compartment trying to figure out why the new blower motor you just installed is not responding.....WELL, Just because when you check the MAXI FUSE and you get a light from the circut-tester ON ONE SIDE OF THE FUSE, BUT NOT THE OTHER SIDE IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE FUSE IS GOOD. ONLY A NEWBIE, RUSH, RUSH, CHECK THIS, CHECK THAT .......The number 4, 50A MAXIFUSE was BLOWN BUT STILL GAVE ME THE INNITIAL "circuit-tester light" ON ONE SIDE BUT NOT THE OTHER AND I THOUGHT THE LIGHT MEANT IT WAS GOOD........(I just had to post this for good or bad)...................My HVAC blower is working fine now.........

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,440 Posts
Unless the circuit test light is battery powered you cannot check a removed fuse for continuity. You pull the fuse(s) and connect a VOM or DVOM set to Ohms across the fuse blades/end caps. Infinite resistance is a blown fuse; no resistance is a good fuse.

Murphy's Law says you'll probe the hot end of the fuse in its socket and it will look OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts