Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had my AC compressor replaced. When I got the car back the AC was working, but the performance was very poor relative to how it had worked previous to its going out. The second day I had it I was driving and got the code B1347 and the message "Low refrigerant - A/C off". I took it back to the guy who did the compressor and we hooked up the gauges to add freon but it showed a full charge. We reset the code and everything seemed to work (again at the lower performance level). The next day I started getting code P0533 AC pressure sensor circuit High Voltage and 2 days later (today) Im driving and again get B1347 and the message "Low refrigerant - A/C off" and the compressor shuts off again.

I know zip about AC systems. Can a bad pressure sensor be causing all these problems? If not, what should I look into? And if so, where do I find it and what's involved in changing out that sensor?

Its 102 in Texas today. This is close to the top of my priority list.

Thanks,
tqp

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,580 Posts
You had A/C work done and it is not working properly. You don't need to know anything about A/C. Take it back.

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally speaking what you say is true.

However, my confidence in the ability of the person who did the work is, at this point, lets say limited. I'll be a lot more confident of having it completely and properly fixed if I understand the problem and can supervise the repairs myself. I don't want to have to take it back 2 or 3 more times until this guy gets it right.

It's too hot to piecemeal this repair.

tqp

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
check your sensors. my refrigerant sensor went out and i got the low freon message too. also would not allow the compressor to cut on. check all the sensors first.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,580 Posts
I am not sure what sensor that P0533 is referring to. I am also surprised that it is a P (PCM) code and not a B (body) code.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
I am not sure what sensor that P0533 is referring to. I am also surprised that it is a P (PCM) code and not a B (body) code.
P0533 - Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage

might be the same sensor as mine? i too would get "Low refrigerant - A/C off" when i was full pull it out and put a jumper into it. if the code changes or a new code pops up it might be your issue.

check this out might help

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC P0530.htm

·
Registered
2000 ETC
13 Posts
I don't mean to 'jack the thread, but I also have a 2k Eldo with an AC issue (I'm pretty sure). Recently the SES light has been setting. After clearing the PCM codes a few times the only current code that keeps coming up is a P1545 (AC clutch relay control circuit) (besides a lumbar sensor code B2119). Will that set the SES? For some reason I seem to recall seeing a current P1545 some time back and it wasn't firing the light.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,580 Posts
Only an emission code will trip the SES light. I would not consider P1545 (AC clutch relay control circuit) an emission code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts